Etsy

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Productive day


After a few days away with my husband, traveling to beautiful Lancaster County PA, I feel recharged and ready to explore another tool of blogging. Sometimes it's productive to step away from something, and return later ready for the challenge.
While "on the road" I was requested to rug hook three chair pads, which I happily accepted. So between hooking and preparing to attend Green Mountain Rug Hooking School, I am all abuzz with excitement to begin my new project. 
This "Royal Queen Bee" is a stunner, a little hooked mat perfect for the counter, to hang on an old cupboard door or wall. I finished with a lined back and hand sewn artist label on back.






 photo 2015-04-20 18.46.46_zpsyw52iqof.jpgItem #RQB $75.00
















The fun part of rug hooking is using what you have and coordinating a color scheme that compliments your motif. It has been awhile since I hooked anything designed by another artist. I really like drawing up my own motifs, as the ideas come to me.
This spring I came up with a few motifs that I really feel captured the anticipation of Spring. This one is entitled "Sheep on Mountain" which features a piece of Gotland Lambs Wool from a vintage coat sleeve.




 photo 2015-02-11 17.18.14_zpshtidbuqm.jpg Item # SOM  $75.00













Having grown up with many pets, such as sheep, rabbits, chickens, goats, ducks, and geese, just to name a few, I thought this little mat entitled "Peep Chick Sitter" depicting a baby chick perched atop Mother Hens eggs captures the Springtime activity of baby chicks  hatching.

 photo e558cbb3-a5d4-4aaf-9452-4a3855b4c7ee_zps5snuiufj.jpg Item # PCS  $60.00









I love the peaceful feeling of a gentle cuddly rabbit. This little mat is entitled "Cotton Tail Rabbit" and features a bunch of carrots in each corner. Perfect for hanging on a wall or door or on a sideboard cupboard. Use all year round or as Spring décor.


 photo 2015-03-23 22.12.57_zpsq9shaygx.jpg  Item #CTR $75.00











For a little bit of whimsy, I hooked two baby chicks scratching around in the pen entitled "Spring Fever". Blue skies, weathered fence, freshly blossomed flowers and two peep chicks basking in it all. Perfect mat for a farmhouse table or stand or can be hung on the wall. Makes a great gift.

 photo 2015-03-28 15.23.49_zpsy2lscifl.jpg Item # SF    $65.00









All of these hand hooked rug mats measure 10 1/2" x 9" and come with a hand sewn artist label on the back.


I have loved hens and roosters since building our own home and have used them everywhere in my décor. This was my rendition of a Rhode Island Red Hen perched upon her nest. This little mat is sold, but wanted to feature it as part of my spring inspired hooked mats on todays' blog.


 photo 2015-03-19 14.28.46_zpsg9nartjp.jpg
Have a great day and thanks for dropping in, hope you'll leave a comment before you continue with your day. 
Marilou




















































































No comments:

Post a Comment